Leisure Swimming Pools
Our fun leisure swimming pools at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre and Hillsborough Leisure Centre are the perfect place to spend a relaxing and fun time with family or friends.
Surf City Leisure Pool
Due to essential maintenance work the leisure pool at Ponds Forge is closed for the foreseeable future.
Hillsborough Leisure Centre Pool Information And Admissions Policy
- Weekends & School Holidays 10:00am – Close & Weekday Term time 3:00pm to close - 1 x Adult (16yrs +) to 1 X Child (3yrs or under) – Classified as a 1:1 ratio Or 1 x Adult (16yrs+) to 2 x Children (4-7yrs) – Classified as 2:1 ratio
- Weekends & School Holidays: Open – 10.00am & Weekdays Term Time 9am – 3pm - 1 x Adult (16yrs plus) to 2 x Children (0-7yrs)
- ALL under 4s must wear a floatation aid. The floatation aid must be attached to the child. For example, armbands, floatation vests or a float with an attachment. Swim rings without a seat or hand held woggles are not accepted as floataion aids.
- Babies in Arms must be held at all times
- All children must be supervised at all times
- We advise all 4 - 7 year olds to wear armbands or floatation vests
- Swimming ability is judged on its own merits by the duty lifeguards on shift. They may be allowed into the pool but this could be based on size, ages, parental ratios and the how busy the pool is.
Ponds Forge International Sports Centre Pool Information And Admissions Policy
- Leisure pool shallow end is 1 metre deep and deep end is 1.5 metres. Flumes are 1.3 metre high (single rider)
- Children under 4 must be accompanied by an adult (over 16) on a one to one ratio.
- Children between 4 and 7 must be accompanied by an adult (over 16) on a two to one ratio.
- Children aged 8 are over can enter the pool unaccompanied
- Children under 4's can be accompanied by an adult (over 16) on a two to one ratio in the family area of the leisure pool
- Items of clothing worn in the pool should ideally be designed for use in that particular activity. This means that anything which is deemed unsuitable and does not comply with the criteria below would not be allowed to be worn.
- The clothing should not offend decency. This means that any items of a material which could go see through (for example boxer shorts or Bermuda shorts) would not be permitted.
- The clothing should be made from a suitable material. This means anything which may become heavy when water is absorbed such as cotton should not be worn. Items such as this pose a danger to both the wearer and other users by restricting movement. Denim should also not be worn.
- The clothing should be hygienic. Clothing worn for everyday use should not be worn in the pool, the items should specifically used for swimwear.
- The clothing should be safe. Anything too baggy which may become tangled with limbs causing difficulties while swimming should not be worn.
- The clothing should not pose a risk to the wearer or other users. Any items which do not meet the above recommendations should not be allowed in the water.
- For religions which do not allow the wearer to reveal any of their body there are several items of clothing which have now been designed to be worn specifically by these groups, such as one piece costumes covering most of the body, arms, legs and head.
- For wearers who wish to keep their head covered, an appropriate piece of swimwear should be used. This can be in the form of a swim cap, or other available garment which allows the user to feel comfortable, not compromise any religious beliefs and keep in line with any health & safety concerns. Items of headwear not complying with any of the other points should not be permitted to be worn in the pool.
All bookings must be paid for in advance.
Leisure swimming sessions last one hour. Please check in at reception 10 minutes before your swim time. e.g. if you book to arrive at 12pm your swim time will be 12pm-1pm.
- All bookings need to adhere to the admission guidelines. Entry will be refused if these are not met.
All advanced bookings are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued where the activity cannot be run e.g. pool closure.
Bookings can be transferred, where sessions are available within 7 days of the original booking, should the customer ask more than 24 hours in advance.
Should a customer need to cancel their session due to Covid-19 symptoms or isolating due to being in contact with someone who has tested positive the booking can be transferred past the 7 days at the venue managers discretion.
View full terms and conditions