National Pool Lifeguard Training
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards
- Varied working hours
- Work within a team
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- Great way for students to fund studies
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
Before you book, make sure you meet the course pre-requisites:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Traning will take place at Ponds Forge, unless stated otherwise.
- 12th December - 22nd December 2022 (excludes Thursday - Sunday)
- 17th December - 23rd December 2022
12th - February - 17th February 2023
2nd April - 7th April 2023
£270 per person (Payment must be made on booking).