Children's Ice Skating Lessons
Our Learn to Skate (5 - 17 years) lessons and coaches are approved by the National Ice Skating Association, so you’re in safe hands all the way on your ice skating journey.
In our fun lessons children will work through the 8 Skate UK levels that will get you from taking that nervous first step on the ice to spins and jumps in a friendly and no-pressure environment. Take a look at what you'll learn at each stage.
Plus, you can also take advantage of unlimited free ice skating on our public sessions so you continue to practice at your leisure.
Included In Our Lessons
- 1 lesson per week on an allocated day and time
Unlimited gym (over 10 years), skate and swim access at Sheffield City Trust venues (must be accompanied by an adult)
25% off sports bookings
15% off in our venues cafes on selected products
- Online ice skating progress tracking - You can follow your childs ice skating progress online including you child's lesson day, time and teacher and your child’s assessments, what they need to practice and the percentage they achieved in their lesson. When your child reaches 100%, you will be able to move them to the next stage to an available time slot.
Booking And Pricing
To book or find out more call us on 0330 333 0555 or fill in our enquiry form below and one of our team will get in touch.
- Direct Debit - 30 days
- Annual - 1 year
- Backwards Marching across the ice
- Forward Swizzles (Lemons)
- Forward two foot glide on a curve (left and right)
- Two foot turn on the spot (forwards to backwards, back to forwards)
- Snowplough or T-Stop
- Forward stroking (showing correct use of blade)
- Moving two foot turn (forwards to backwards, back to forwards)
- Backwards Swizzles (Lemons)
- Back two foot glide
- Forward one foot glide (left and right)
- Forward outside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Forward inside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Basic forward Slalom (basic outside / inside edges)
- Backwards Stroking
- Forward continuous Chasses around a circle (left and right)
- Backward outside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Backward inside edges on a circle (left and right)
- Backward continuous chasses around a circle (clockwise and counter-clockwise)
- Forward crossovers (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Forward outside three turns (left and right) from standstill
- Forward inside three turn (left and right) from standstill
- Backward outside edges step to forward outside edge on a circle
- Backward crossovers (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- Backward two foot Slalom
- Two foot spin (min 2 revs)
- Forward inside open Mowhawk (left and right)
- Backward crossovers to landing position glide
- Continuous forward outside edges along a straight line (as per Level 1 - Field Moves)
- Continuous forward inside edges along a straight line (as per Level 1 - Field Moves)
- Basic forward Cross rolls
- Continuously outside three turns around a circle (3 in a row); left and right
- Continuous inside three turns around a circle (3 in a row); left and right
- Step sequence: Three turns, Mowhawk, Cross rolls, Twizzles, Toe steps ect.
- Forward inside single Twizzle (left and right) (Hockey skaters forward Drag; left and right)
- One foot spin (min 2 revs) (Hockey skaters 2 foot spin; min 4 revs)