First Aid at Work (3-Day)
All UK employers have a legal obligation to provide appropriate First Aid provision for their workforce, and many companies choose to have key staff trained as First Aiders. The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) course complies with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Our First Aid at Work course gives First Aiders the essential knowledge and skills that they need to carry out their role and deal confidently with major and minor injuries and illnesses, including the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). It is suitable for anyone who is designated as a First Aider at work.
This course is held at the EIS Sheffield in one of our designated training rooms. Free parking is available on site for all learners.
- The duties of employers and the legal framework
- Action in an emergency
- Treating an unconscious casualty or a casualty who is bleeding or wounded
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of the AED
- Injuries to bones and muscles
- Burns and scalds
- Recognising both minor and major illnesses
To complete this qualification our learners will cover the above topics over 3 days and are required to undertake at least 22 hours of learning. 100% attendance is required in order to complete this qualification.
Once you’ve passed…
- Successful attendees will receive a Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance certificate which is valid for three years.
- Before the expiry of this certificate, students who wish to remain First Aiders must take a shorter First Aid Requalification course, which will re-authorise them for a further three years and it is recommended that first aiders
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12th – 14th July 2021
- 14th – 16th September 2021
- 9th – 11th November 2021
- 4th – 6th January 2022
- 1st – 3rd March 2022
£220 per person (Payment must be made on booking)