Sheffield City Trust are hopeful that golf courses will reopen next week
Changes to Sheffield City Trust’s golf operation:
- All rounds of golf must be pre-booked and paid for in advance (either online at www.siv.org.uk/golf or by calling the course directly)
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers, hole cups will be turned upside down and all flags are to remain in the holes.
- Social distancing measures (min. 2m between individuals not living in the same household) remain in place at all golf courses.
- The number of customers permitted in the receptions and pro shops will be limited to a maximum of 2 people.
- Screens will be placed around reception desks.
- Rigorous cleaning measures will be in place.
- PPE will be worn by staff members should a first aid incident arise.
- Clubhouses will remain closed until further notice.
Players can support these on-going efforts by observing the following recommendations:
- Keeping your distance from your playing partners and other golfers.
- Encourage ‘gimmies’ within 1 putter length. We recommend the purchase of “green grippers” to retrieve your ball from the hole.
- Treat bunkers as GUR (Ground under repair)
- Only use and touch your own equipment.
- Refrain from shaking your playing partner’s hand.
- Print off your scorecard at home.
- Contactless and card payments are encouraged.
Andrew Snelling, Sheffield City Trust Chief Executive, said:
"The health and safety of our members and colleagues always remains our top priority, and this means we've had to make some small changes to how the game is played.
“These changes will ensure the safety of our members while allowing them to enjoy being back out on the course for the first time in months.
“As the health and wellbeing charity, we're really excited to reopen and continue to support Sheffield to stay active.
“I want to thank all of our members for remaining patient and understanding throughout this time. I'm sure all of our members will join me in thanking our staff who have been working hard to make sure all of our courses are ready to open."
Get ahead of the rush and register your interest in a membership at one of Sheffield City Trust's golf courses. You'll receive a FREE lifeCARD that gives discounted rates on their portfolio of venues across the city.