Black Bean Burger
- 1 Tin Black Beans (Kidney beans also work or a mix of the two)
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/3 Cup Oat Bran (or use a food processor to process the same amount of porridge oats)
- Any other herbs or spices
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place drained and rinsed beans into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or crush with the end of a rolling pin until there is a mushy consistency with some pieces of bean remaining.
- Add all other ingredients, combine well and form into a ball of burger dough.
- You can also place all ingredients into a food processor and process into a dough if you prefer.
- Divide the mixture into 3 or 4 equal parts and shape into burgers using your hands.
- Place on a baking Tray and bake for 14 minutes, flipping half way through cooking.