Further to the national ‘Stay Alert’ position, we are working with key partners in the City (e.g. Public Health England, Sheffield City Council) to ensure that our courses comply with the new Covid-19 secure guidance.
As the Health and Wellbeing Charity, Sheffield City Trust has always placed our colleagues, customers and the wider community at the heart of what we do. At this moment, it’s imperative that we are able to operate within the Covid-19 framework.
England Golf are supporting us as well as other golf courses across the nation. We are excited to deliver all of the health & wellbeing benefits that golf offers.
Our golf courses are now open and tee times are available to book online. For more information about bookings, take a look at our FAQs.
We look forward to welcoming you on our courses.
Crucially, the safety of our colleagues and staff will always remain at the heart of what we do, and we've put in place a series of measures to keep everyone safe.
Changes to Sheffield City Trust’s golf operation:
- The maximum number of players per tee time is two. If you are booking for just 1 person, please be aware that you may be paired up with another golfer.
- All rounds of golf must be pre-booked (either online at siv.org.uk/golf or by calling the course directly)
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers, hole cups will be turned upside down and all flags are to remain in the holes.
- Social distancing measures (min. 2m between individuals not living in the same household) remain in place at all golf courses.
- The number of customers permitted in the receptions and pro shops will be limited to a maximum of 2 people.
- Screens will be placed around reception desks.
- Rigorous cleaning measures will be in place.
- PPE will be worn by staff members should a first aid incident arise.
- Clubhouses will remain closed until further notice.
Players can support these on-going efforts by observing the following recommendations:
- Keeping your distance from your playing partners and other golfers.
- Encourage ‘gimmies’ within 1 putter length. We recommend the purchase of “green grippers” to retrieve your ball from the hole.
- Treat bunkers as GUR (Ground under repair)
- Only use and touch your own equipment.
- Refrain from shaking your playing partner’s hand.
- Contactless and card payments are encouraged.
- Print off your scorecard at home.